Driving “Your Business Everywhere™” with TAGG Logistics
Tucked right underneath our logo, you’ll see three words that say it all: “Your Business Everywhere™”. We’re dedicated to helping you deliver your brand experience “everywhere”—no matter where that is. The more choices consumers have in how they shop, the more you need the flexibility of a third-party logistics provider (3PL) that can do it all—with every sale, every day:
• Buy it at the store—and take it home
• Buy it at the store—and have it delivered
• Find it at the store—buy it online
• Buy it online—pick it up at the store
• Buy it online—and have it delivered
• Buy it online—and return it to the store
Regardless of how each of your customers shop, you want a consistent, quality experience every time. That can be especially challenging for companies who are on the move and outgrowing their current distribution resources. How do you make sure those critical resources grow with you?
Start by evaluating how you’re currently addressing the 3 Keys of 3PL: Fulfillment, Distribution and Packaging.
Is your current fulfillment “fulfilling” enough?
Omnichannel fulfillment is technology driven and exceedingly complex. A single bad experience can steer a loyal customer to your closest competitor. The good news is that you don’t need to be a fulfillment expert yourself. Just evaluate your choice based on the three steps of the fulfillment process:
1. Ordering: Does your current 3PL have the capacity to handle your growing sales volume in each of your sales channels? Does your 3PL have the capability to integrate with your shopping cart, order management system and/or ERP system?
2. Processing: When it comes to delivering the right product to the right customer on time and at the right price, efficiency with picking and packaging is everything. And that means having not only the latest technology for high-speed fulfillment, but also the knowledge to maximize its benefit to you. As high-tech as processing is, it’s also extraordinarily hi-touch. Are you getting the attention you deserve from your 3PL, particularly as you grow?
3. Shipping: Particularly for online sales, it’s critical that your 3PL have the transportation management system (TMS) that can choose the most efficient and cost-effective shipping method for each delivery. Plus, your 3PL must have the distribution network to position your products as close to your customers as possible. Doing so cuts shipping costs while ensuring on-time delivery. Can your 3PL warehouse your products where your customers are? This is an especially important question if you’re moving into new geographies and/or broadening your customer base.
Distribution is the second of the 3 Keys of 3PL. As your company’s sales grow, you may be stretching your warehousing and distribution resources to the limit. As with fulfillment, it’s essential to have the technology to keep pace with your growth. That way, everything runs like clockwork from order to warehouse, warehouse to truck and truck to your customer’s door—whether that’s a big-box retailer or a house on Main Street USA.
At TAGG, we believe this is where the science of 3PL becomes more of an art. Your 3PL must listen carefully to your needs and concerns as you grow—and then have not just the flexibility, but also the willingness, to tailor a solution that can scale up as needed. To us, the only solution that matters is the one built just for you.
Packaging for the future
Because packaging is a key component of your brand experience, it is the third of our 3 Keys of 3PL. Today, packaging solutions can be as differentiated and creative as your products themselves. From club packs to subscription boxes. Promotional packaging to traditional kitting and assembly. Your 3PL needs to have all the tools to enrich your brand in your customers’ eyes, no matter how it’s delivered to them.
We like to say that we wrap our heads around the challenge. And then wrap your products in the best solution.
3 Keys, 1 3PL that delivers them all
As your sales grow and it’s time to reevaluate your 3PL resources, we’re here to help. We may be nationwide—with distribution centers from coast to coast—but we still believe in the power of one-on-one collaboration and a handshake to get the job done right. To learn more, please call 1-866-991-TAGG or fill out our contact form. One of our principals will work directly with you. So together, we can deliver Your Business Everywhere™.